Friday, July 28, 2023

Thursday

 Until Julie picked me up for the BCNN dinner, I hardly stepped out the door all day. Por Que? Because I was working my ass off (hubby's expression) on all kinds of chores. 

-Did a color wash before breakfast, then tackled some of the procrastinated task; 

-Paid a number of credit card bills and checked to be sure my returns were listed; 

-Contacted Connie to the effect that I'll do "Art Comes Alive" on the twentieth, but won't attend costume inspection on the 15th or 16th. Since we open on the 18th, it's gauche to skip rehearsals that late and Connie was okay with it;

-Gathered the incredibly numerous magazines I had accidentally accumulated. I do not read magazines--in fact, I don't even open them. Suzanne leaves her Time mag rag at my door every week and I don't want to hurt her feelings by refusing them. I get T.O.P.S. magazine, which ditto re opening. I had some local stuff, too, including two issues of Ojai from several years ago. Ellen's next door neighbor, Drew, writes for it and I was mildly interested in his article in one about his brush with the Manson family--"mildly" being the operative word. In addition, I had subscribed for a time to Vanity Fair and have gotten two issues, but I no longer recognize 90 percent of the celebs, so lost interest. There were lots of others I weeded out; in fact, so many, I had to put them in my little cart to get them to the trash place. 

-Started writing a little rhyme for Director Karyn.  I want to make a card for the cast to sign, using the pieces from the bracelet we had used as a prop watch, but it broke during rehearsal, so I'll devise something with it.

-The big thing: I took my laptop over to Asurion, but Tyler said he thought it was the printer (the printer guy thought it was the laptop). He said under the contract (only $25 a month), I got one free home visit a year, so he suggested I call. Good idea and I did. I was then told that it wasn't free, it was actually fifty bucks and tax. Well, that was okay and I was given yet another number to call. There, I was told that service wasn't available in my area! I might wait until Mike gets here on Saturday and have him look at it. 

-There are plenty of other chores I need to do, but at least I put a dent in it.

Showered, dressed, and Julie picked me up for dinner out with the BCNN group. We went to the Blue Agave and it was okay, but not great. There were fewer then usual attendees--twelve--and the service was pretty slow. Several people got cocktails--I didn't--and it was a good 45 minutes before we got our meals. I had a "mission burrito," although without sides, an enormous meal. I ate half and took the other half home for dinner tonight. The talk was semi-interesting, but it was a facade when I  put on my smiley, interested face--for some reason, I just wasn't into it. Didn't get home until 7:30.

Damn, T.O.P.S. today and I know I've gained. The half burrito itself probably put on twenty pounds.

In between the crapola above, I did a jigsaw of a cartoon Jersey shore:

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...