Thursday, July 13, 2023

Wednesday

Putzed around in the morning until I called Muckie and we had a conversation for one hour and forty minutes. Yep, there was a lot to talk about. Muckie is hanging loose with her pancreatic cancer which, happily, has not metastasized or grown larger. That doesn't mean it isn't incurable, but it seems to be a slow type, which is so good. Muckie continues to be in good spirits and it's a joy to talk to her. She asked me to give her best wishes to my blogging buddy, Pat R., and the reader can imagine those thoughts winging their way to Jersey.

After, I called Ellen. I've been concerned about her cough, which is hanging on so long, but she assured me it was lessening. She had to have an exterminator come because wasps (or hornets) have settled in the eaves of her house (they're not in the attic or the rest of the house). It seems she needs to either spray them dead and/or have their entrance places caulked over. She'll have to get somebody in to do both jobs. 

Took my cart over to Von's to get a few bulky or heavy items, including paper towels, milk, and grapefruit. Stowed it away, then bused to town. It was enjoyable to be back and I found and bought two tops. One of them, though, has to be dry-cleaned or hand-washed, which I hadn't realized--annoying. Didn't get home until almost 6:00; salmon, broccoli, and rice for dinner.

I impulsively (my middle name) ordered an air fryer from Amazon. Ellen has one and I've been wanting to try it, but in truth, I'm not concerned about non-animal fats (I use olive oil regularly), so will I use it very often? Of more concern, where will I put it in my tiny kitchen? Hmm...I'll mull it over; can always return it unused, if need be. 

Called Noreen and we made a date for lunch on Friday at Paradise Cove. After a hiatus, I tried to call Jim--just to chat, I'm not inviting him over right now--and, oddly, his answering machine didn't come on. (He never, never answers the phone when it rings) I'm somewhat concerned, so will email him. 

At dusk, my patio looks so attractive, with the the solar lights and darkening sky. Pictures don't really show the full effect (or maybe the photographer isn't very skilled), but here's a hint:


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...