Saturday, July 29, 2023

Friday

 A pretty good day, starting with unexpected news at T.O.P.S.  At home, I've weighed 128.6 consistently for the last three weeks. That make me think there's something wrong with my scale, because an hour or so later, I get weighed at the meeting and it varies a bit week to week. Anyway, I was sure I had gained, considering I've been going out a lot (and had eaten half of that huge burrito the night before weigh-in). But no--wonder  of wonders, I lost two pounds, registering 127.9 at T.O.P.S.

As usual on Friday, I didn't get breakfast until 10:30. I called Diane to ask where she had had something altered and near her, there's a dry cleaners that does that. Thought I go there, but then remembered the cleaners near Ralph's and went there instead. The seamstress is in only on Mondays from 1:00 to 3:00, so will to get there then. I had packed a lunch and ate in the little park I had found on Ralston Avenue. Stopped at Ralph's for blueberries and The Market for this and that.

I  had first gone to Asurion to tell Tyler about the missed connections re somebody coming to the apartment to fix my  printer. I asked if he would after hours for $30 and he agreed. This may or may not come to pass.

Called Ellen to discuss Mike's arrival (today, but I won't see  him until tomorrow) and August 20th, when I'll be at Art Comes Alive from 12 to 4, then in the show that night at 8:00. She'll pick me up and we'll go to dinner in between. We talked for 45 or so, always a pleasurable activity for me. 

Got an invitation from The Townhomes for their luau on August 26. Asked Diane if she wanted to go--she does--but then I realized we have a performance that day. If it's a matinee, I can still go; if not, not. 

Today, my darling older granddaughter, Vivian, marks the last birthday of her teens. What a sweetheart and here she is at home in Singapore after her six weeks in Europe:

💗💙💛💗💙💚💜💗💛💚💜💗💚💜

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Vivian is beautiful.

Mimi said...

Thank you, Pat!

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...