Sunday, July 30, 2023

Saturday

Still pretty busy with the minutiae that seems to increase by the hour. Got the new call list from Jeff and found that, although as Karyn had told me, we don't have a matinee on opening weekend, we start at 5:00 on Sunday, the 20th. That means I can't do the Art Comes Alive thing that day, so I emailed Connie to change to Saturday. She was okay with it. Did a white wash, including my bedclothes, then a color one. Remade the bed, cleared out a lot of what was on my desk; emptied the hall closet, and partly cleared it by getting rid of stuff. 

Amazon notified me that my gift to to Vivian didn't arrive because I had the wrong address. She uses her U. of Hawaii address and, damn, I had put "com," instead of "edu." Remedied that, did a bunch of other stuff, fooled with the printer, but it still doesn't print. Called the Access Van, which will pick me up in time to get to Ellen's by 9:00, then back home about 8:30.

Mike got in to LAX about 4:00, went to Ellen's, and I'll see him today. Showered, washed my hair, and otherwise spruced up. Ken picked me up at his usual dreadfully early 2:30 for the call at 3:00, but I'm reconciled to that. 

Rehearsal went well and I was complimented on my performance. I'm debating whether to mention to Karyn my suggestion about Ken's. He plays Albert grown old, who hasn't seen the woman with whom he was enamoured for forty or so years. She--Rose, whom I play as an oldie--is attracted to him, too, but after a comedy of errors, they go their separate ways.  It seems to me that Ken should have a much stronger reaction to having Rose find him "after all this time" (the name of the play, actually, and one of my key lines). But what Ken does,I'm afraid, simply suggests that Rose has been his next door neighbor all those years and now she's coming over to say hello. However, I'm not going to second guess the director. It's fine for me to enhance my own role (I added the cane and a few other things, with Karyn's approval), but otherwise. Hmm...maybe I'll mention it to Ken himself.

Speaking of: Ken will pick me up at--groan--7:30 pm on Monday, as we have an 8:00 call. We also have to get our bios in by August 1st and be prepared for head shots on August 5. Along with a variety of company--not only Mike, but others shortly--it's really heating up. 

And I love it.   

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...