Saturday, July 15, 2023

Friday

My weight continues to fiddle around: At home, I was up a pound to 128.6, at T.O.P.S., down .06 to 129.6. Oh, well, it's still within my comfort zone, so no prob. Bev, who has a thriving garden, brought in some wonderful slender cucumbers and I took two for my salad. She also showed me this picture of a bizarre cucumber snake--two of them grew this way and good grief!

Didn't get home until after ten, so I immediately changed, then bused to town to meet Noreen for lunch.

We ate at Paradise Pantry (I keep calling it "Cove" or "Kitchen") and we both had the delicious turkey/pesto grilled sandwich, she with prosecco, I with their wonderful citrusy beer. We talked and talked, naturally, then Noreen asked if I wanted to go over to Von's (not the one near me) for some kind of cocktails they had on sale. I went, but it occurred to me that, one, I don't usually drink cocktails and two, they were in cans and too heavy for me to carry anyway, so I didn't buy. We hugged goodbye, then I bused home and did a few things, so important I can't remember what.

Von's (my Von's) has Friday specials, so I walked over to get some paper products. On my way, Ellen called and I sat down next to the pool and we chatted for about twenty-five. I was pleased when she asked if I wanted to go to Wal-Mart, then lunch on Monday and yes, sure, I do. Continued on my way, got what I wanted, then--still stuffed from lunch--just had leftover roasted cauliflower for dinner. 

The cast of After All This Time shares a text site and I was thrilled to get this screenshot of Anthony--one of our two pros--from either a TV show or commercial; it looks as if he's enacting the father of the three girls. I knew he was in something, but can't recall which. (Since I've know him, he was always heavy, but he's gained quite a bit since he and I were in the show this past September.) I'll see him tonight at rehearsal, so will ask about about the pic.  

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...