Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Monday

Determined to get back to my walking routine, I took my cart to The Market for broccoli and other stuff and walked both ways, instead of busing back. That got three miles in and I'll continue today, as I'm meeting Diane for lunch at the library (well, behind it in the small parK). After, I'll either bus to town and stroll around or walk to Wal-Mart and back. Walked first to the post office to send off to the Tokyo Tot (ha--in two months, he'll be the Tokyo ten-year-old) the little booklet for "junior rangers" I  had picked up in Morro Bay. While at the P.O., I ran into Bridget* from BCNN and we had an enjoyable chat. 

After lunch, I tackled the patio, specifically the ivy geranium. When I tied it and the trellis the other day, the shape didn't look great. I deadheaded and discarded the faded blooms and tried to arrange it a little more attractively, but I'm not so sure I succeeded. It still looks a little droopy:

Ken texted me that Karyn had cancelled rehearsal for last night--okay by me, as I'd just as soon skip getting home at 10:00. Julie called to see if I wanted to go to the BCNN dinner on the 27th--yes, indeedy, and she'll pick me up. She's not going to Happy Hour on the 19th, though, so I'll have to figure something out about that. 

For dinner, I stir-fried onions and mushrooms, added leftover carrots and sweet potatoes, and had that concoction with shrimp. 'Twas yummy.   

Yesterday was this darling girl's fifteenth birthday--happy birthday, Violet!

*I'm pretty sure I mispronounce Bridget's name, as she's from Germany and that's an Irish name. I've mistaken her for Denise who was in my acting class, as they're both small, thin, and about the same age (mid-seventies). Interestingly, Denise has a slight accent, too, as she's from France. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...