Thursday, April 20, 2023

Wednesday

Suzanne came over after breakfast to show me pictures of her trip to Phoenix. She also invited me to go to Camarillo to a flower tour on May 7 with her and Vickie, and I accepted. She asked if Ellen might want to go, as she has a ticket left. Said I'd ask her, but I doubt it.  

I was taken aback to get a call from Primary Medical telling me I need to see a hematologist as my blood count is low. This happened last August, too, and I went (in Oxnard, damn it), but can't remember the result. Must look it up. Not only that, but today, I have to see a sub for my primary in order to have my face "looked up" (I'd rather a cute guy looked at it) for Basel cell. That's not too bad--I'll bus there, then go into town.

Ran over to Von's for thisa and thata, showered, dressed, then went out to wait for Julie to pick me up. She did, we got to Rumfish for the BCNN dinner gathering and proceeded to have a ball. It was an evening of hilarity, with about twenty at a long table. After we shifted around a bit, Terry sat next to me. She had been in my second acting class and here she is, front and center, three years ago:  

It's hard to believe Terry was 72 then. Incidentally, standing on the left are Sharon (must call her) and Jim; way on the right is tubby me, 52 pounds heavier.

Anyway, the evening was great fun. I was sorely tempted to have one of the exotic cocktails, but resisted and had only a beer, along with garlic fries. Others--I'll mention no names--had the potent cocktails Rumfish y vino serves and that revved up the hilarity. Ellen called on her way home from work ad I ducked partly under the table to talk. She declined with thanks Suzanne's invitation to the flower walk, as I thought she would. I mentioned the seminar at the Kristimurdi Center in a few week and asked is she'd like to attend with me; said she'd let me know.

I decided, after mulling it over for months, to offer to conduct my acting class for BCNN members. Talked to our prez, Dusty, and she said she'd put it in her newsletter. Now I need to give her the i nfo, organize, decide things, and get it going, so I can have it announced and get sign-ups at the May meeting.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...