Thursday, April 27, 2023

Wednesday With Stella

After breakfast, I was just about to call Noreen to see if she could do lunch, when Stella texted me, asking me the same. Yes, indeed, and we decided to meet on Ventura Avenue, as Stella was doing her volunteer work at Catholic Charities. I bused to town early in order to stop in a few shops. Did ao and bought some things I desperately need, cannot live without, and the possession of which will make me happy for the rest of my life. To wit:

Blue jeans-like pants with a drawstring waist; a pretty frame, hinged to display two photos; three small Cinco de Mayo skulls for plants; ten small burlap bags with drawstrings that I think will look classy for  small gifts; a set of blue pleated placemats and three sets of four woven linen ones. Now I'll have to go through my large collection of other placemats--seriously, I must have at least a dozen sets, mostly of four, some more--and donate most. 

Met up with Stella, who was also on a shopping spree, and after more browsing, we went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch. I had a beef burrito--maybe the best I ever had--plus a good Mexican beer and, of course, we talked a blue streak. Stella's son, Joshua, her only child, still wants her to move to Spain where he lives and she still doesn't want to. Stella talked about having some cognitive problems, memory mainly, but who doesn't? She also asked me to ask Suzanne if she knows any sisters who might want to live with her in her large house in Oakview. She said, "I don't have anybody to cook for," which makes me wonder what kind of arrangement she wants--to have a companian, to take care of a Sister, to have a Sisster take care of her?  I told her I'd ask Suzanne and I did, but I don't really want to get involved in being a go-between or translating Stella talk, but I asked Suzanne when I got home and she asked me to clarify what Stella wants, so I guess I'll have to. 

Suzanne over also invited me to go to WinGo this morning at 9:00 and I accepted. Will get the bulkier and heavier things I can't easily bring home myself. 

Stopped at the office after I got home to be sure management was okay with my my Acting for Amateurs class in the recreation room. All good, so now I'll decide the particulars of seating arrangements and so on.  

When I got home the air pods (I had thought they were called "ear pods") Mike ordered for me from Apple were at my door. Mike then called and on video message, walked me through how to set up their use. Wow, I'm going to like this.  

Note: I forgot to mention that on Tuesday, Vickie gave Suzanne and me each a SuperLottoplus ticket, winning numbers to be revealed late yesterday. Just looked it up and...guess... 😕. Yeah.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...