Sunday, April 09, 2023

Sweet Saturday In Ojai

 Aside from running over to Von's for a few items, I spent the morning preparing for my visit to Ellen's. Finished, showered and texted Suzanne I'd be gone overnight. The Access Van picked me up about 2:30, so I was early, but that was okay.

Ellen, Greg, and I had such a good time. I got lovely flowers and a homemade card for Easter:

But Gwennie greeted me with disdain:
...then said she's bite my finger off if I didn't leave her alone:

๐Ÿ˜„Just kidding--she was yawning.๐Ÿ˜„
We hung out for a bit, and I mentioned the little late afternoon birthday celebration I was tentatively planning for Jim's eightieth birthday on the twenty-ninth. Both were agreeable, as Diane, Suzanne, and Vickie had been Then it occurred to me I should call Jim to be sure he was...

I did, and he wasn't. He said he had "an appointment" at 6:30 on the twenty-ninth, which is his actual birthday. I'm going to assume that's some gathering with friends, as you don't have "appointments" otherwise on at that time on Saturdays. I also mentioned that Greg would like to cook lunch for us next week and he begged off for that, too. He said he had a lot of problems, he had to concentrate on them, and so on and sadly on. Okay, goodbye for now.  

El and I enjoyed the Margaritas I had brought, then went outside  to tidy up the yard a bit. I have to confess I also enjoyed the Peeps and chocolates El had out, so by the time Greg, she, and I went out for dinner at Sea Fresh, I wasn't very hungry. Ordered oysters Rockefeller from the appetizer menu, and boy, were they good, as was the draft Blue Moon.   

Back to El's and we played a rousing game of gin rummy, which Greg won, probably because he's on the side of the angels. The proof: He left after it to attend 8:00 PM mass. We two infidels stayed in to watch part of a documentary on Joan Dion, whose writings I always liked. Had to go to bed before it was finished and hope to see the rest at home.  

Slept soundly, got up at 5:00, received a "Happy Easter" text from Leslie, and am looking forward to the rest of the Easter weekend. 

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...