Monday, April 03, 2023

Good Spirits On Sunday

Followed the Sunday routine--crossword was pretty good--then cleaned up a little and set the table for two. Showered and dressed in my docent costume; this picture is from last June, when I docented last: 

Yesterday, I realized the outfit needs to be altered.  For one thing, the underskirt has a drawstring and it was impossible to get it securely tied. It's also too long and the result was, I did without it. The skirt needs to be altered, too: the waist is too snug and I had to use a makeshift rubber band-to-button contraption to close it, not really satisfactory. However, I got it on, Julie picked me  up promptly at 12:30, and off we went. She told me Regina was coming, too, which didn't thrill me, but I didn't indicate that. 

We got there a little early, but Lynne, docent director, drove up shortly. I went in with her and Julie waited in the car. Got settled in, then Julie and Regina came in and I gave my part of the tour, the downstairs. It went well, then I directed them to the upstairs tour, which Lynne conducted. 

It actually was a pretty good day.  I had a group of ten come in and they were wonderfully receptive; after that, there was a grandmother, mother, and two little girls from Canada; then a man and his Asian wife. I had plenty to do and I enjoyed it. 

Jim came a few minutes before 4:00 and I gave him a little mini-tour of the downstairs, my bailiwick. which he enjoyed.  We then drove off to my place and I settled him on the couch with wine and Goldfish, while I changed. I went back to the living room dressed in a sheer negligee and...yeah, sure.

We sat and talked for a half hour, then I served din-din and we sat down and ate.  (I'm always amazed at how much Jim can eat: yesterday, it was three-quarters of the beef and pasta, several slices of French bread and butter, a large helping of applesauce and two large bowls of ice cream. He's six feet tall and can't weigh more than 160, if that.)  After, we sat and chatted, as usual, then I walked him out about  6:00. Said goodbye and went over to Von's for the Sumo citrus I like. 

I have Soaring Spirits lunch today, BCNN tomorrow, and lunch with LaVonne at Hill Street Cafe on Thursday. The weather's been wonderfully sunny and warm the last two days, and that buoys my spirits. 

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...