Friday, April 07, 2023

Thinking Of Thursday...

(Ha! I wrote that just to get the "th" sound in.) 

I purposely put off breakfast, as I was meeting LaVonne for a late lunch at 2:00, so didn't eat until  9:00.  After. I spent time chopping and julienning onions, then stowing them in the freezer. I like to have them prepped and ready for stir-fry when I want to make it.

I responded to a BCNN Happy Hour invitation; will ask Diane if she wants to to go. It's not until the 19th and it's at Rum Fish in town, easy to get to by bus. However, maybe Julie and/or Margarita will ask if I want a ride; if so, I  may just have one of the take me home, but bus there by myself. That way, I can walk Main and visit some shops.

Walked the overpass to the Hill Street CafĂ© and stopped at the library first--it's next door--to pick up the DVD of A Clockwork Orange. Met LaVonne at 2:00 and we ate on the patio. I had what they called "croissant heaven," for some strange reason. It was okay--chicken salad on a croissant--but nothing special. LaVonne said she likes it in Oxnard, where she recently moved.She has some kind of living arrangement with an ailing old lady (82--ha!) and I got the impression she acts as housekeeper and cook. (It occurred to me that I'm glad to have friends in different social strata, different ages, and, for that matter, different races.) We chatted and enjoyed each others' company, then left and I walked home. 

For some reason, I was sleepy and took an hour's nap. When I got up, I packed my donations for Good Will in my cart, preparing to donate it today. That's only a half-mile or so from where Diane lives, so we had decided we'd lunch in the park across the street from her after I drop the stuff off. But Friday is also T.O.P.S. day and I wouldn't get breakfast until about 10:30, then I wouldn't want lunch at noon. So I made a momentous decision: I called Cheryl and told her I was skipping the meeting. I hardly ever do and it's not going to kill me, so there!

Called Ellen to tell her I saw that the buses do run on Easter, after all, but could I still stay over? Sure, and we'll eat out on Easter. I told El I had done a jigsaw of her kitties and she suggested I post it here, so "Gwennie and Cessie":

But here's a picture I probably won't do as a jigsaw: My beautiful daughter-in-law, Paula, taken last week on vacation in Thailand.  It's hard to believe she's the mother of an 18-year-old:
Here I see the strong resemblance with Vivian and the somewhat less prominent one with Violet, 14. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...