Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Tuesday

I again walked over the footbridge to return some books to the Hill Street library. I have three others out (I don't know how that happened) plus several of my own I haven't cracked yet. From there, I wanted for the 11 bus, thinking I'd go to Grocery Outlet. But why? I really didn't need anything and, considering I was having my little social session at 5:00, I thought I should be preparing for that, so I left.

Home, I put together my cocktail meatballs--so simple, but so good--and popped them in the slow cooker; must remember to make them for the next docent Dudley House dinner. Also sliced up a green pepper to dip into the hummus, plus put out a bowl of pretzels.

Vickie got here at 5:00, Suzanne a few minutes after, bringing a lemon meringue pie. Why the pie? Because she had had company (three of her sisters--the non-biological kind) over for lunch and it was left-over. Vickie brought the non-alcoholic drinks (stout--ugh! I don't even like the good kind) for herself and she,  S., and I sat down to visit for two and a half hours.

It might seem on the surface we don't have a lot in common--Sister of Mercy, great-grandmother and 65-year-old lesbian--but I believe there are more similarities than not. We had some good, far-ranging talk, at times surprisingly frank, and it was enjoyable. BTW, Vickie brought something else: Super Lotto tickets for each of us--I would never dream of buying them--which goes off today for whatever mega millions. I'm not even sure how you find out you won--must look it up.

I found this card for Jim some time ago and will send it off tomorrow: he turns eighty on Saturday:


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...