Saturday, April 22, 2023

Friday

Sharon called at 7:10 (she knows I'm always  up at least by 5:30) to tell me she was going to T.O.P.S. She can now walk--slowly--so that's good news. She did, indeed, get there, and we had a pretty good session. As for me, at home, as we say in T.O.P.S., I "turtled"--i.e., I stayed the same at 128.6, but at T.O.P.S., I lost 1.8 from last week, weighing in at 127.6.  

Home and breakfasted, then left for the shop on Petit Avenue to return a jacket I bought last week. Found light cotton pants in yellow, which I like a lot. Grocery Outlet is right next door and I bought two pounds of Brussels Sprout, broccoli, and a container of hummus. Bused to the transit center, then home, so it was 3:00 by the time I had lunch.  

Put together a recipe for roasted B. sprouts I hadn't  tried before: just olive oil, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic power, salt and pepper, then it goes into a 425 oven for twenty or so. Had some for dinner with scrambled eggs and chicken dogs and it was good. 

Called Jim to invite him for lunch today. He'll be here and seems to be dealing with his situation reasonably well (for him) so far We'll see how it goes. 

My daughter-in-law, Paula, posted some stunning pictures on Facebook of Mauritius. There on a quick business trip (two overnights) a few days ago, she has an artist's eye:


Mauritius is an island country in the Indian Ocean, off the eastern coast of Africa. It's 3,500 miles from Singapore, where Mike and Paula live.    

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...