Sunday, April 02, 2023

Sleepy Saturday

Friday to Saturday, I had an unfortunate sleep night: Awoke too early, tossed and turned, and finally got up at 4:00.  And darn: just now, it's 437 and here I am at the laptop. I might consider a nap before Dudley House. 

Saturday; After breakfast, I took my address book and stamps and walked to Hallmark, which luckily is in the Von's shopping center. Got the cards and continued on to the post office, two blocks away. Filled out the Tokyo and Singapore ones, and sent them. Will send the others early next week.

Yoicks! When I sat down at my laptop yesterday morning, I found a message from Prime Management telling me I hadn't submitted a renewed lease for my house in Sunrise Bay. What? Of course, I did, I know I sent it. Nope--I looked it up and found it in "drafts"; I must have just wanted to check it over and neglected to actually "send." Damn, I should have contacted them when I didn't get an acknowledgement. Re-sent with an apology.  

Called Holy Family (my Dad's grammar school); got an answering service, left a message, and a guy called back. He took my info and said he'll pass it on to--somebody.

Studied my Dudley family info and when I did, I was glad to realize most of the info came back to me. I got out my costume and accessories and wow, I'm afraid it will be hot. Suddenly, the weather turned sunny and warm--it must have been over 70--which I love, but not when I'm wearing an 1890s outfit.

Made ice cream, half chocolate, half butterscotch. Galvanized, I also made applesauce. then took an hour nap. I felt much better when I got up. 

Got an interesting Easter card from the Tokyo trio (names obscured):

I was taken aback to see the question mark, but I understand. Those other years are past, for good or ill, and we'll have to wait and see if 2023 is happy. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...