Friday, April 14, 2023

No-So-Thrilling Thursday

As noted on the last entry, the Internet didn't finally revive until after 9:00 Wednesday night, but here's Thursday: 

When I change the linens, I strip the bed, then put them in with other whites before I sit down for breakfast. By the time I finish my morning ritual (eat, read the Ventura Star, do the puzzles--two crosswords and a Jumble--play a few games of solitaire), they're done and I re-make. Did that yesterday before I started on the big new project--ta da!--read on.

I worked almost all day on the patio. Here are some pics, but they don't show the two other big bag of debris I hauled to the trash place, mostly from the huge overgrown geranium.  I also left some pots and vases at the trash place that others might want. Went back and forth three times with my trusty cart; also cleared off the shelving and took it via the back grassy area to Suzanne's hose to wash. I even trimmed the lower part of the ficus tree and may take off more from that. The final picture isn't that great, as it was taken from the inside and it was overcast. However, the patio looks so much better than it was and now I'm going to plant flowers in place of the potted ones, which I may put next to my front door.   

The other side of the patio, newly cleaned up:
When I finally finished, I stripped off everything I had on and put all in the washer, including my jacket and vest. I then put myself in--the shower, that is--washed my hair, dressed, and, hugely proud of myself, sat down on the couch with a nice little glass of wine and Joan Didion. 

Otherwise, the only happening of note was that Julie called to say Regina had three tickets for the Rubicon theatre and would I like to go on Sunday? Sure thing and she'll pick me  up. 

In the evening, I called my blog buddy, Pat R., who had been startled at the absence of Mimi's Musings yesterday. Thanks to the incompetent boobs at Yandoo Communications, the Internet was down all day, which just emphasizes how it has become such a big part of my life.  However, Pat and I had a good talk and that was some compensation.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...