Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Monday: Meeting And Munching

Bused to the Stone Fire Grille got to the Soaring Spirits lunch early. Only Susan was there, so we chatted. We were a little concerned that Vera, our leader, wasn't there--she and Susan are always early. Renee came in, then who showed but Carolyn B.! I was so pleased to see her and we fell into each others arms. During COVID, she seemed to simply drop out of sight--she was very fearful and she's had a problem with depression, but seems in better shape now. She's just a month older than my daughter, Ellen, but seems a lot older. 

Soon Vera came--she has actually forgotten it was the first Monday; we all teased her about that, as she's our leader and usually will post it on Facebook. One more, Roy, showed up (an okay guy, I guess, but one of those middle-aged men who think he should hold forth at great length because people are just dying to hear his mundane pronouncements). Anyway, we had a good time over all. I stayed for two hours, then said goodbye. Bused into town and walked Main; bought myself a jacket.

Called Nancy P. and left her a message that I had seen Carolyn and I'd like to have our old quartet (her, Carolyn, Diane, and me) get together again for Happy Hour.  B.C., we used to meet weekly at different venues and enjoyed it. 

I had texted grandson Joel that I'd call him. Did so last night and I said I'd love to see him and the boys here in the summer. He liked the idea and we'll start planning.

Unfortunately, I've had a terrible time sleeping recently. I don't know if I haven't been getting enough exercise or what, but almost every night, I've awakened sometime between 130 and 3:00 and been unable to get back except after several hours. I'm going to work on the problem.  

Going to WinCo with Suzanne this morning at 9:30. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...