Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Tuesday

Got up and had my coffee sans sweetener, then strolled over to Quest at Von's for my blood test. Home, had breakfast, made my lunch, put it with my Goodwill donations in my cart, and took off.  I walked over the foot bridge to Telephone Road and got the 11 bus from there. Dropped my donations off, then walked to Diane's place at Sea Crest. 

We had originally planned to meet, as we have before, at the park across the street from her, but she texted me that she had trouble putting on her braces, so to come up. I got there at 12:30 and we sat down to eat lunch and talk...and talk...and talk. Incredibly, I didn't leave until five thirty and boy, we covered the waterfront. There aren't many with whom I can be entirely--well, almost entirely--open in conversation and I miss my twin sister so much in that regard.  Of all my friends on the west coast, Diane comes closest and, along with lots of laughs and some good Chardonnay, we enjoyed the afternoon.

Finally said goodbye and I walked to the bus stop, but seeing on my bus app it would be twenty minutes until it came, I walked another two stops away. I probably got close to four miles in and I credit my recent resumption of that daily exercise with my recovered ability to sleep well. For me, that means, getting up no earlier than 4:30 and today, it was an hour after that, so good. 

While I was on my way, I got--I thought--a Facetime call from my friend, Leslie. However, I couldn't connect and finally gave up trying. Just now, 6:15 as I write, she texted me to say she was having trouble with her phone, so I guess it was on her end. I texted her back and suggested we get together--figuratively, that is, in two hours. 

Back to yesterday: Before I left for Diane's, I called Olivia and we had a good chat. She's the one who lived here for a short time, left, and is convinced management wanted her to leave so they could raise the rent on the next person. That really doesn't make sense for various reasons, but I didn't express that. Enjoyed talking to her.

Suzanne got back from her trip to Phoenix yesterday. I texted to welcome her home and she wrote back she'll come over later to show me pictures. 

Today, Julie will pick me up at 3:30 for the BCNN Happy Hour at Rumfish. Should be fun.  

P.S. I forgot to add yesterday that "James" also mentioned he doesn't believe in evolution. That seemed odd, but considering his seven years in the seminary, maybe not; the order may have clung to medieval  ideas.  During my entire parochial school educational career, though, I don't recall evolution being denounced; the Church seemed to accept the science, somehow fitting it in with the supernatural. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...