Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Monday

Left at nine and walked to The Market and Wal-Mart. I was dismayed to see the price rises in almost everything--and not by 10 or 20 percent, but more like 50 percent and higher. I'm going to keep buying the food items I like best--vegetables and fruit--but what about those who have lower incomes and big families to feed? 

Bused home, had lunch, then went into town. It's been a long time since I've had time to do that and I greatly enjoyed it. Bought a blouse--I'm going to take the one I got at Target back--and otherwise looked around. I stopped into The Coalition and said hello to Ben, my fellow fractured actor, who works there when he's in the area.

Home at 4:30 and looked up the weather forecast; happy day, it's supposed to be much cooler today, down to a high of 71. 

Got a group email from the Fractured Actors gang about when we'll go to Anthony's play. I'm available almost any weekend and it won't be on a Sunday, so I'll call Jim Downes and tell him next is okay.

Darn, it's now 4:50 am. I woke up an hour ago for the usual and couldn't get back. I know you're not supposed to get up, but I get antsy just lying in bed, wide awake. I can always take a nap later.

Okay, now it's 6:03 and I'm going to post this sorry entry.

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

Note to myself: Influence of Pentagon on Hollywood:  

https://www.mintpressnews.com/hollywood-propaganda/247154/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I've read that if you don't fall asleep within 20 minutes you should get OOB and do some boring activity.

Mimi said...

I guess I vaguely remember that, too, Pat, but here's the thing: I virtually never fail to fall asleep almost immediately after I close my book, turn out the light, and settle in. The problem is that I wake up during the early morning--usually about 3:30--to go to the bathroom and it's after that I find it hard to go back. As for boring activates--like what? I honestly can't think of any boring activities that I do. Hmm...maybe the answer is different depending on the person. But do you get up and do a boring activity yourself?

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...