Thursday, September 29, 2022

Wednesday

I was pleased to get a call from my friend, Nancy, early on. We had a good, long talk and she told me she was contemplating using the Access Van for the first time, specifically to meet me at The Cave for lunch. Not sure when, but the fact that she'd even consider it is a good thing. She drives and has a car, but lives in Oak View and is afraid to drive to Ventura, about fifteen miles.  Because of what seems to be her agoraphobia, I think it took some courage for her to even look at the possibilities for getting out of the house.           

Packed my lunch and took it with my book out to the middle, next to the pool. I have to say it's a lovely area and, on a weekday, with people working and kids in school, it was quiet and serene:



After, I was kind of at loose ends, so just decided to take a ride. I hopped on the 6 bus and rode to the Oxnard transit center, which took about 45 minutes. Didn't feel particularly like going anywhere, so I just stayed on and rode back to Ventura.  

Noreen called after dinner. Earlier, we had discussed going out to lunch with our gentleman friends and decided to make tentative arrangements.  After some back and forth, we decided on the Blue Agave tomorrow. I wasn't at all sure Jim would be up for it, but I called him and, to my surprise, he was. (I emphasized that we would go Dutch.) He does remember Noreen, as she had been in my acting group with him. I met her friend only when they attended Area 22 last month; can't remember his name or what he did in his other life. 

Note from Tuesday: When Suzanne and Vickie were here for our little talkfest (I got that snazzy word directly out of a 1940s movie magazine), the conversation turned to the facility where Mary lives and the tendency of the staff to assure Vickie that's everything's okay. I remarked something like, "Oh, yes, it's always CYA time." I was amused when Suzanne, innocent flower that she is, asked what it meant. When I told her "cover your ass," she actually joked "I think I'll use that sometime." That will never happen in a million years, but I was charmed that she said it.  

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...