Saturday, September 10, 2022

Friday

**I think--I hope--I'm back on the GD Internet for good now. So, yesterday, what went on?**

Nice News Department: All eleven (twelve? Didn't see 21-year-old Finn) of Betty's children, grandchildren, and spouses or significant others. are staying at 15 South Rosborough Avenue, in Ventnor, my childhood home, now an AirBnB,  I was thrilled when her oldest, Wes, texted me pictures of the interior and even more when they contacted me in Facetime and walked me through the house. Here are some pics:

That is the wrong door; it's not supposed to be that trendy, fancy, pseudo-Victorian thing, it supposed to be just a solid wood, big, heavy front door! (Wes'es SO, Heidi, pictured.)

Heidi contemplating the fact that the decor is all, all wrong; it was never that airy, beachy, too-much-white-paint ponderousness. 

The fireplace white? Oh, no! It's a beautiful pale beige and, yes, there's a mirror over it, but a much bigger one with painted scrolls at the top. 
Flooring in the--dining room? Upstairs bedroom? Not sure. rug is all wrong, of course; should be heavy, heavy royal blue, about three inches thick and a dust magnet.

In first upstairs bathroom (there were no bathrooms on the main floor). Funny, I have no recollection of this style of radiator there, but I assume this was original. I'm not sure if the tile is, or not. 

The Halpins' memorial service is today, so I'll wait until later, then ask Wes to take a few of the upstairs.

Called Ellen and we had a long and fruitful talk. I was pleased when she said Greg had suggested I visit him at his new job at Lassen's. Will do today, as I want to go to Target nearby, anyway. We also decided that tomorrow, for Ellen's birthday, I'll take them out for lunch. 

Other than that: I called my pal, Patti R. and we had a good chat. As a kid, she told me, she had lived in several of the Absecon Avenue municipalizes, including Ventnor, Margate, and Atlantic City. I hope to see her in Jersey in November.

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

This is from yesterday's (Friday's) post, but belongs here, I guess:
 NOW, it's 4:34 pm on Friday, September 9. Finally, at long last, Internet is on; Yandoo guy was just here. Saw the PA yesterday, she looked at the bumps or hives, prescribed a steroid, and they seem to be helping. TOPS this morning; 128.6 at home for a loss of a pound, 129.6 at T.O.P.S. for the loss of .01--no, I can't understand it, either, but I don't care. Stayed in the rest of the day, waiting for the tech. Carolyn and Wes at my old home on Rosborough Avenue; they just walked me all through it; I'll try to post some of that tomorrow.  

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Good to see you are back to blogging. I enjoyed going thru your Ventnor home. It must have brought back so many memories for you. I wonder if Betty will remember anything of the house now that it's been modernized.

Mimi said...

That's a good question, Pat; I wonder that, too. I'll probably be seeing her soon, with Jimmy Downes. Will call his in a few days.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...