Saturday, September 03, 2022

Friday

Hot, hot, hot, which is unusual in these parts.  

As for the weight thing: I was heartily annoyed because according to my scale at home, I was down 1.6 to 129.6, but at T.O.P.S., I was actually up by 1.8 to 130.5. No, I don't understand it, but I'll take the home number, natch. Six of us at the meeting; leader Lennie will be gone for the next two, as she'll be attending her husband's college reunion in Idaho or somewhere. Julie, who picked me up as usual, is leaving for two months in Austria next week. I gave her a bottle of champagne in an attractive container and a card of thanks. 

After breakfast, I washed the bathroom rugs and dusted and mopped the hard floors, for which I didn't have time when the play was going on. I then walked to Wal-Mart, thinking I might find something there to wear to the party tomorrow. No such luck--crapola abounds everywhere. Well, the hell with it, I'll wear something I have--just not sure whether to dress up or down.

Bused home and stopped at CVS. They did accept the twenty-buck voucher from Cover Girl (owned by Coty, by the way) and I bought two "ageless" lip liner/lipsticks. Once I got in, I considered going to the pool, but decided it was just too much trouble. Instead, I poured a glass of Blue Moon Mango Wheat beer (love it!) and sat on the patio reading. 

Emailed Sheldon Brown, the publisher of the Ventura Breeze to ask if he'd give my contact info to Shirley Lorraine, who wrote the excellent review of Area 22 for the paper. I'd like to get to know her, especially after reading her profile: She has been into acting, also. Sheldon wrote back to say he had forwarded my email to Shirley. 

I PMed Vera to see if we have a Soaring Spirits lunch on Monday. Yes, but the buses don't run on Labor day (that makes no sense at all to me), so how would I get there. I could walk, I guess, but it's a good three miles and if it's as hot as predicted, that may not be wise. Dunno.

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...