Monday, September 12, 2022

Sunday

Followed the usual Sunday morning ritual: breakfast and the crossword puzzle. Got most, then left for the bus. I was glad to catch the 10 because after it reaches the transit center, it turns into the 16 and goes straight to Ojai.  

Ellen and Greg picked me up and we went to lunch at Sea Fresh, one of my favorite restaurants in Ventura County. El and I both had the salmon bowl--pricy, but worth it--and Greg the salmon platter. She and I also had Margaritas (Greg still abstains), then I had a Stella (beer) with the food. I took a pic of them:

After a leisurely and luscious lunch (alliteration!), we went to Bart's Books (more of it!). There, they know Greg by name, as he's such a frequent visitor:
I bought a Jonathan Kellerman and Dead Air, about the attractive young television anchor in Iowa, who was abducted in 1995 and never seen again. 

We went back to their place and Ellen opened her gifts, assisted by Gwennie and Cessy:

The three of us then chatted, Greg and I discussing Catholicism and its various goodnesses and evils. We don't agree, by any means, but with Greg, one can have a civilized discussion, which we did. El and I had chocolate ice cream topped with chocolate cake, then just hung out until the Access Van came (late) and took me home. I got in at 6:30 after a fine day with my girl and her guy.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...