Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Tuesday

Walked  over to Von's for my 10:00 am appointment and got the COVID booster. (No reaction except a slight soreness at the site.)  After that, I stopped next door at Asurion Tech to ask if they make  house calls. No, but the guy gave me a number to call to discuss my TV outage, which has been going on for about a week now. They may be able to help.

Later, I packed several books and my lunch in my cart and walked over the footbridge to the path to Kimball Park. It's been at least a month since I've done that and it felt good. Put the books in the little lending library and took six, then sat on a bench and enjoyed my lunch.  The park wasn't crowded, but the wide path that circles it had a fair number of walkers, runners, and walkers, even on a Tuesday afternoon. Home and I ran into Suzanne. I invited her to join Vickie and me and 5:00 and she did.  

I just put out two kinds of crackers, as both my friends bring their own libations, Suzanne water and  Vickie one of her non-alcoholic wines. She wanted us to try some, we did, and S. made some polite, appreciative noises. I thought it was revolting, but sipped a bit, then reverted back to peach wine (also low in alcohol, but not non-). 

Of course, we ranged over a variety of topics, but mostly the plight of Mary, Vickie's partner. V. is terribly upset over Mary's treatment in the medi-Cal supported facility and showed us pictures of the bedsore on Mary's derrière, which is quite horrible; V. has a Facetime meeting with the staff today and asked us to suggest how to express some of the concerns she has.

Suzanne left at 6:00, but Vickie stayed until 7:30. We talked and talked about our respective sorrows re our loved ones with Alzheimer's.  V. also showed me pictures of the bedsore Mary had developed.

Note: Wordle annoyed me no end today, but I got it in 4.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...