Tuesday, June 14, 2022

WinCo, Wal-Mart, And The Potato Family

Suzanne and I left for WinCo at 9:00 and I stocked up with the bulky things that are sometimes hard for me to get home. Also got zucchini, as I want to try a roasted wedged recipe that looks good. I managed to get several other items, plus a few things at a store nearby.

Home by 10:00 and I started food prep activity. Sliced up tomatoes, added a few spices and popped them in the over. Fine-sliced about a pound of onions and did the same. (It made me feel virtuous because I put them in the oven at the same time, thereby using only the electricity I would have for only one.)

After lunch, I walked to Wal-Mart to ask if they have a VHS player I could use for the tapes I have. They don't, but I found they will transfer the tapes to DVDs for about half what the guy I spoke to the other day charges. Was also told they will transfer slides to DVDs and I'll be taking some of my old slides there as soon as I have time.

Speaking of time: Once I got home, I realized it was churlish of me to tell Pat I wouldn't let her see my little skits and playlets, so I changed my mind. Unfortunately, I spent hours trying to send the scripts via email and they just won't line up properly. I may try scanning and attaching the pages, but that would take quite a while. Possibly, I'll just take Pat's advice and simply send her the hard copies. I started copying and damned if  my printer didn't suddenly start issuing copies in very dim type. My ink cartilages are full, so I don't know what the problem is. I called Canon, but their "technical support team are not in." Guess they're on the east coast and I called too late. I'll try to get to them today.  

Incredibly, when I looked at Facebook yesterday, I saw a "You Have Memories With Dan McMahon." I looked and there, on June 13, 2015, I read that I had posted the fact that Dan wrote The Potato Family skit is "all over the Internet." Hmm...I just googled it and saw lots of references, but not my skit.

Put in a load of wash after dinner and just now, at 6:00 am, another--sheets and whites.   

Braggy Note: For only the third or fourth time, I got the Wordle word--"donor"--on my SECOND try. I actually know someone, Sarah H., who got it on the FIRST try--sheer dumb luck, unless she has an in with the NYTimes.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...