Thursday, June 23, 2022

Wednesday

I omitted sweetener from my morning coffee, so I could go over to Quest in Von's and get my blood test. I walked over at 7:00 and found a man waiting for his. He had an appointment, I didn't, and I thought there'd be no problem being a drop-in.

There was: Somebody had a 7:20 and the guy was still getting his, so I left. Went on the Quest website but wasn't able to get an early one until a week from today, the thirtieth. Oh, well, ignorance is bliss, I guess, when it comes to low platelets. 

After breakfast, I walked the overpass to the library branch to return my latest Kellerman. Back to my favorite non-fiction, I found the interesting auto-biographical Nowhere Girl/ A Childhood On The Run. Stayed for a bit to read the first few chapters, then checked it out.

From there, I walked to Ralph's, still in search of tangerines; they didn't have any, either. The Market? Nope. That means there are no tangerines in Ventura, California, because I've already checked Von's, Target, and Smart 'n' Final. But isn't it summertime and doesn't California grow more citrus than any other place, barring, maybe, Florida? Are they rotting on the trees or what? So I had to settle for half a grapefruit with my oatmeal for breakfast--good, but not nearly as good as pixie tangerines. 

I stopped at Suzanne's and we discussed with glee the anonymous note complaining about somebody who used dog waste to--well, to disgust their neighbors, I've never seen such a thing and we agreed maybe the writer is coo-coo. Called Olivia to tell her about it and left a message. Ellen called with her take on my return email to SO-FI and I incorporated some of her advice into my answer.

Other than that, I looked at the flash drives I just found.  Some concerned of the Dionne Quintuplets and other's were of Mike's family. It was sweet seeing Vivian and Violet as babies--now about to enter college and almost fourteen!

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...