Thursday, June 02, 2022

Wednesday

Julie picked me up at 9:00 and we went to the BCNN meeting. Sat with Regina, whom I've met before (remarkably, she always remembers my name) and a newbie named Margarita. Joining us was Bernice, whom I had also met before, and Jeanette, whom I hadn't and who sat next to me. 

Jeanette and I had a great time talking; she and her husband own thirty acres up north, but moved to Ventura to escape the heat. He goes back and forth to oversee the almond grove; both raise bees. He had kids, she doesn't. Janette is 72, but being of Chinese descent, looks considerably younger. We really bonded, exchanged cards, and I hope to see her again. I also liked Bernice a lot. Divorced, no kids, and goes to the Y every day (every day!) to swim, lift weights, and otherwise maintain her body, which is, no surprise very trim. There was no program; instead, a singer-/guitar player entertained. I took a video of him, but can't seem to post it here, so here's a still:

The stalk on the table? It's plumeria, and somebody brought it cuttings to share. I intend to plant it on the patio--I hope it comes out like this!

Lunch was at Brophy Brothers nearby at the harbor. I've been there many times, but when we arrived, we found they wouldn't give separate checks. That's a real pain in the rear for those of us who carry little or no cash. So Julie, Bernice, Regina, and I sat at a separate table, which was fine with us. Had an enjoyable time with them.

Julie dropped me off at home (I'll see her again on Friday for T.O.P.S.) and I stayed just long enough to change my slacks (it had gotten warm), then thought I'll bus to town. However, as I sat on the bus bench, it occurred to me that I should check the day of my brother, Larry's, birthday. I had made up a name verse--a long one, which was a challenge--and thought the date was June 19, but no. That's Fathers Day and his birthday's on the fifth--AAGH! I rushed home to finish up the verse and card and high-tailed it to the P.O. to mail. Bused from there to town and called Larry to let him know it was coming. Coincidentally, cousin Sally called just after to rave over the name verse I had sent her as a thank-note. Got to town and just strolled around; didn't get home until almost 6:00 and dinner time. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...