Thursday, June 09, 2022

Wednesday

Walked to The Market in the morning for cauliflower, tomatoes, and toothpaste; walked back, so got three in.

Tidied up in the garden and was pleased to see that my little plot is blooming--literally:

These look large, but are actually miniature roses.

Ellen gave me those lilies several Easters ago. When the gate was installed, I had to cut them and my lavender plant all the down to the ground. I was sure they were dead, but they rose again, just like that guy in the bible, whatshisname. 😁

My ivy geraniums are climbing nicely and the non-ivy are thriving.

After lunch, I spent a fair amount of time on food prep: marinated tilapia and prepared cauliflower and tomatoes with various seasonings. I cut very small some leftover broccoli and added it to the tomatoes. Popped both in a 425 degree oven and they turned out yummy:
Incredibly, I ate half of the cauliflower and a good amount of the tomatoes for dinner, along with the tilapia.

Aside from domestic chores, I wrote my niece, Joan, who had asked if I had completed transcribing my father's 1945 work diary. Far from it, I'm only in the middle of February, but I'll send her what I've done so far. She had said she would give me "credit" and wouldn't show it to anybody without my permission. I wrote back she could show it to anyone nd that it was unnecessary to give me "credit." Geesh.

After dinner, I hauled out all the boxes and albums and containers with some--just some--of the family pictures. I want to find pictures of Helen from earlier days. Found this beauty of her and Larry, which I scanned and sent to two of their daughters: 

Called Carolyn and we had a good chat. I told her I'd like to visit my dear twin some day next week and think I'll go on Wednesday. I half want to see her and half dread it. She understood.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...