Saturday, June 18, 2022

Friday

My boy, Mike, in Bangkok, having lunch a few days ago with his cousin, Chrissy, my dear departed brother's daughter. He was there on business--so good they could get together.

As for me, I continue to endure the crapola visited on me by the SO-FI organization. I've chronicled this in an Office document, so won't include it here.

T.O.P.S.: Down 2.2 pounds at home, so 128.4; down 1.8 at meeting, so to 129.4. Julie picked me up, Sharon held forth, so the usual. Interestingly, Julie, who had been accountant at the yacht club here, told me the situation I'm enduring is not at all unusual: payments are processed when the bank sends paper checks, but they can get lost, be an posted on the wrong account, or otherwise mislaid. Hey, maybe there's fraud involved--seems unlikely, but could somebody be living it up on my dime? 

Jim called to remind me he doesn't have uninsured motorist insurance, so did Diane and I really want to have him pick us up?  After a heated exchange, I finally told him I'd get back to him. I looked the question up on line, then called the state insurance department. Spoke to someone and yes, that's the case. However, I was told, I have health insurance, so in case of an accident, I'd be covered. Called Jim back to tell him*and we firmed up plans to go to Diane's today. Unfortunately, when I spoke to her, she said her neuropathy has become worse and she thinks she won't be able to go with us to the reception at the museum. She asked me to show Jim around Silvercrest before we go to her apartment for lunch, so that should work.

Spent a lot of the morning in formulating my return email to SO-FI, then escaped and bused to Target. I took back the nylon crossbody bag I had bought (the second one; the first was from Macy's), as I've decided to keep the one I bought in town the other day. 

Via text, Suzanne invited Vickie and me to a little social session tomorrow at 4:30. I texted back I'd surely be there and had something interesting to tell them. (I was referring to my on-going prosecution by SO-FI, of course.) A short time later, she stopped over, curious about the topic. I showed her my eviction notice--think I'll have it framed and hung on the wall--and we had a good long talk, which included the conflict with the Church and the order of the Immaculate Mary, re an abortion.

I finally bit the bulletin and ordered NetFlix. I was delighted last night to find Better Call Saul and started watching from the beginning, although I've already seen that. Can't wait to see Anthony in the Web of Make-Believe movie.

*Why in hell should I have been the one to research the question--why didn't he do it? But oh, well, at least we know...

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...