Saturday, June 25, 2022

Friday

For the first time in living memory (ha!), I skipped T.O.P.S. and so what!

I decided to make applesauce to add to lunch for Diane and Jim today. Since I always have citrus with my oatmeal at breakfast and I had only one orange, I ran over to Von's before breakfast for another. But oh, happy day, they finally got pixie tangerines in! I bought two pounds and went happily home; cut up the orange to add to the applesauce and enjoyed a tangerine with breakfast.

I was sorry to get a text from Diane about 9:00, saying that her legs (neuropathy) were worse and she wasn't sure she could come today; she had a doctor's appointment at 2:30. Happily, though, when she called after she went, they seemed better. She's coming on the Access Van, rather than the bus, and I'm glad about that. I told her to call me when the van gets to the front entrance and I'll meet her out there.

Dust mopped, then Bona-mopped the hard floors, washed the bathroom rugs, dusted the wood stuff, and otherwise cleaned up. I decided to serve sandwiches instead of the garlic chicken--I think the weather is too warm for a hot meal.  Besides the applesauce, I'll also serve crystal pickles, which I got out of the freezer, and chocolate pudding with whipped cream for dessert. Of course, I have red and white wine for them and beer for me.

After lunch, I bused to a shop near the transit center. Didn't buy anything there, but went to BevMo for the small-bottle quartet of Chardonnay. I've been having one in the evening while I watch the hour of my current favorite show, Better Call Saul, thereby violating my don't-drink-alone rule, so shoot me.  

I dug out a few of my scripts, in case Diane would like to "read," as Jim and I have been doing. I won't push it, but sometimes conversation lags and maybe this will perk things up.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...