Saturday, June 04, 2022

Friday, Food, And Fractured Actors

And the beat goes on...

Weight up a bit at home and T.O.P.S.: to 129.9 at the former and 129.9 the latter. I'm not even sure exactly about the difference, but it's scant, about .03.  After the meeting, Julie offered to take me to Sharon's to retrieve my coat, which I had forgotten two weeks ago.  I protested at first, but finally acquiesced, although it's about ten miles away. We got there and waited outside for a bit, then I went in and chatted with her husband, Lewis--and waited and waited. I finally asked if I could help look for it--Sharon couldn't find it--and went into her bedroom. 

Good grief, you had to kind of sidle in because besides the double bed, it was filled from floor to ceiling against all walls with plastic containers full of clothes, most also in bags. Why you would stow somebody else's coat in a bag and then in a plastic container is beyond me. Anyway, we couldn't find it and I didn't want to keep Julie waiting any longer, so I asked Sharon to bring it to the next meeting.

When I got in the car, I had the nerve to ask Julie to take me to Ellen's in Ojai to pick up my Dudley House costume accessorize box, which El had left for me on her porch. She kindly did--another ten miles or more--I got it and we finally headed home. By the time I got in, it was almost noon, so I had my breakfast that late and skipped lunch. 

Took off with my cart for Smart 'n ' Final for broccoli, chicken thighs, and tangerines, then to The Dollar Tree next door. Walked home, so got three miles in. I studied my Dudley House info, then washed, cored, and quartered the apples I had picked up on Thursday, added some chunked tangerines and set them to simmer in the slow cooker. 

Changed my top, then headed off to O'Leary's for Happy Hour with Diane at 4:00. I was a little early, and when I walked in, I found they didn't serve food, just drinks. Since I had had nothing but oatmeal all day, I knew I couldn't drink alcohol without food--I'd probably fall flat on my face. When Diane got there, I suggested we go to the Hill Street CafĂ© nearby. Fine with her and that's what we did. 

We each had a glass of chardonnay and an appetizer, plus lots of catching-up talk. Diane is still a devotee of what seems to me odd cults and ideas, but hey, each to her own and I didn't open my mouth about it. We were there for about two hours, then said goodbye, and walked home. There and back was at least another two-and-a-half, so that was good. 

Home, I called nephew Steve and invited him to come on July 10 with Robyn and Dex to see Joel (Steve immediately said, "Baby Joel!) and he was happy to accept, assuming he has no other commitments. Called Jim--oh, yes, he'll be here for lunch today--and asked if he enjoyed our play-reading. He enthusiastically said he did, so I dug out more scripts we'll do today.

Sorry to disappoint my loyal fans (fan?), but it appears I didn't get the part for which I applied at Fractured Actors. However, Shannon asked if I'd be willing to take one "not a big part, but funny and cool." I accepted and she'll send the script.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Sorry you didn't get the part you wanted but you'll wow 'em with the new part. At any rate, I know you'll enjoy being with the group.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...