Sunday, June 12, 2022

Saturday

Darn, for the first time in weeks, I had trouble sleeping--woke at about 3:00 am and couldn't get back for a while. Finally dropped off and got up at 6:30. I'm pretty sure that was the result of getting little exercise on Friday.

Suzanne stopped over to tell me she had bought a blood pressure machine and I can use it anytime I want. (But why would I want to?) She also mentioned that her family had sent her some kind of cracker/cheese/fruit/etc. tray and she'll serve it the next time she, Vickie, and I get together for one of our social sessions. (Now she's talkin'!)

I put together the ingredients for meatballs early, then stowed the combination in the fridge while I walked over to Von's for rotini and good bread. Added the egg, bread crumbs, and seasonings to the ground meat (chicken, not beef), shaped them into balls and browned them in olive oil. Put them and the sauce in my big saucepan and set it to simmer for twenty minutes or so. Boiled and drained the rotini, and combined it with the sauce. I set it aside until we were ready for lunch.

Jim came at his usual 12:30 and we read scripts again, this time, comedies Tootie Looks at Real Estate and Playing Games, then the dramas Imposter and Telephone (first version). Whether Jim's delivery has improved or not is debatable, but he enjoys it and so do I, so--well, so be it.

After, we sat on the couch and chatted and I asked if he wanted to go to Diane's next Saturday--for lunch, then the three of us could go to the reception at the museum. He said he did want to, although I know his classes start tomorrow. Called Diane and we made the date. I offered to bring lunch, but she insisted she'd serve something; I'll bring the wine, red and white. I had called Janette, whom I had sat with at BCNN, she called me back, and we'll meet at the Lazy Dog in Oxnard for lunch on Thursday.

Jim stayed until almost 4:00, then at my request, dropped me off at the mall, as I wanted to get at least some walking in. Went to Macy's, then Target and there saw a crossbody bag that may be what I want. Bought it and will see if it'll work for me or not.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...