Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Monday, A Meld, And My Wedding

Washed the linens, remade the bed, and cleaned up a bit. Edited the long email I'm sending back to SO-FI (and oh, yes, I added it to the chronicle I'm keeping on the creeps).

Took my cart to The Market, then Wal-Mart for veggies, sponges, and stuff.  Bused home and had lunch. Neighbor Michelle called to tell me her friend, Debbie, also in the complex, had gotten the same eviction notice I did--saying she didn't pay the rent in February! She did, of course, and has proof. Michelle said she'd keep me posted and I promised to do the same. Called Ellen to tell her this latest wrinkle and we chatted; also emailed El the one to SO-FI to get her opinion.

Olivia called later on the same topic (she has moved since); she's convinced they're trying to get rid of older people. Seems far-fetched, but who knows? They certainly have a peculiar accounting method--if they have any.  

Went to CVS for cream sherry, in which I like t indulge in the evening. Got home and ran into Leah, my young neighbor from upstairs; I told her the saga of the rent thing and she said she'd show me the app on the resident's portal she uses for rent. I may or may not want to do it, but will install it. Today, I think I'll ask Diane and Jim if they want to come over for lunch on Saturday. 

Rehearsal last night and to me, it was the "coming together" one. This is something that seems to happen (if the company is any good) sometime during the preparation for a show. I mean a  particular rehearsal during which the script, the actors, and the overall performance just "meld." Most are at least partially off-book, we relax into our roles, and we eagerly engage with each other. For better or worse, we're a company, and we're in this together, no matter how grueling it gets. It's like a marriage--a polygynist one--only not so fraught. Speaking of which, this would have been my sixty-fourth anniversary. 



2 comments:

iloveac said...

I agree...it is the point at which we realize we are in this together and everyone is there for the other. It's a good feeling. You and Pat were such a good-looking couple. No wonder you had four kids with him...he's what we used to say way back when..he's really a hunk. And you look oh so innocent and beautiful.

Mimi said...

Oh, Pat, thank you so much. Yes, he was a good-looking guy and I guess I was innocent in more ways than one. I still have my wedding dress, my head piece, and even the flowers, all withered and dry, of course. At this point, I'm a little withered and dry my-self, I'm afraid.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...