Sunday, June 19, 2022

Saturday

Got up a little earlier than I like, but not by much, 5:00. After breakfast, I did a wash, then started researching SO-FI and found some interesting stuff, which I'll record on my chronicle of woes with that Son of a Beast entity.  I added to the return email I'll send to Jasmine and will add more.

Did a wash, then showered and washed my hair. I decided to dress up a bit for the reception at the museum at 3:00 and wore this:

The skirt isn't as long as it looks here; it has buttons down the front and I think is fairly slenderizing. Added the Chinese pendent I got in Hong Kong.  Jim picked me up at 12:45 and off we went to Diane's. She had asked me to show Jim around before we came up to her apartment, so after she buzzed us in, I did that. Went first to the meeting room which has a table tennis table, a pool table, jigsaw puzzles, and so on. That opens to a very large and attractive patio, with lawn chairs, umbrellas, barbeques, and some beautiful- plantings.  On the second floor, I showed him the "movie and library room," then we headed to Diane's for lunch.

I brought the wine--white for Diane and me, red for Jim--and Diane had a lovely light lunch of shrimp salad, asparagus, and strawberries, with a muffin for dessert. She and I also, of course, enjoyed the Chardonnay, which was a cut above what I usually drink.

We had good conversation ranging over a number of topics, including, of course, philosophy. Diane said she had seen the first episode of Web of Make-Believe, etc., and she was so horrified she had to turn it off.  She insists that it's a documentary, but because my fellow actor, Anthony C., plays a character in it, I didn't see how that can be and insisted Diane was wrong. However, see later. 

We stayed until about 3:00, then Jim and I left for the museum. Diane had been nice enough to provide Jim with an application for Silver Crest--now it's up to him to get off his can and pursue it. I'm not going to act as his housing agent anymore.

There was a nice crowd at the museum's opening reception and we had a few nibbles, then scanned some of the art. Stella had texted me she'd be there and we chatted with her for a few minutes. We didn't stay long and Jim dropped me off at home about 6:00.

After a sketchy dinner (a chicken thigh and half an acorn squash), I sat down with NetFlix and found Web of Make-Believe. Was my face red: It is, indeed, a documentary, with a few reenactment vignettes and Anthony appeared in one of them. Talk about small parts: His lasted about one minute in total and he had no lines. He simply appeared sitting on a couch, then getting up. But hey, it was a paying gig and he appeared in a real show.

Although Diane thought it was so terrifying, it seemed to me a bore. It concerns young men and women who have a kind of cult of gaming and call police hotlines to report some bogus horrendous occurrence in progress. This prompts SWAT teams to rush to the given address with guns drawn and the gamers can witness it on video. In the piece in which Anthony appears, a wrong address was given, the resident comes to the door and is inexplicably shot dead by an officer. I turned it off after seeing Anthony and may not bother to resume. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...