Sunday, June 26, 2022

Saturday

It turned out to be a good day. Got up at 5:00 and following my regular routine, had my coffee and did laptop stuff, then got dressed. Before breakfast, I made the corn bread and put it in the oven. After I ate, I cooked up the pudding, whipped the cream, and set the table.

 Diane got here about a half hour early, which was good, as we had a chance to sit and chat for a bit over a glass of wine. Jim arrived at his usual 12:30 and joined us with a glass of red while I heated up the meal. I decided to go with the garlic chicken, after all, and it went over big, along with the sides. Certainly, so did the chocolate pudding and whipped cream.

We relaxed on the couch--I always think that's more comfortable after a meal than sitting at a messy table. Since we were having such lively conversation--well, Diane and I were--I didn't introduce the scripts and that was just as well. Every once in a while, Jim would say something, but as Diane remarked later, it was hard to get him to actually converse--that is, engage orally back and forth with other people. He left about 3:00 and the Access Van came for Diane at 3:30, which worked out well. I walked her to the front and off she went with thanks.

Cleaned up the kitchen, then went over to Von's. Since I'm a "member," every once in a while, they give me something free. This was a package of chicken sausage which I put it away when I got home. Went over to Suzanne's with some corn bread and the remaining pudding and whipped cream. We sat and enjoyed some neighborhood gossip for a bit. I'll bring some corn bread to Vickie today before we go to Bennie's party. 

   

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...