Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Tuesday

Did a white wash after breakfast. While it was swishing around, I swished around mentally, trying to resolve my Windows problem: I can't seem to get back into just Open Word, which is my word-processing program. Windows keeps interfering and I can't quite understand what son Patrick advised me to do. 

I then dry- and wet-mopped the hard floors, which I should have done before this. Washed the bathroom rugs and otherwise spruced up the place. 

Jim called at 7:00 am to ask me to remind him of our plans for Saturday. I did and when I asked how his class went (summer session started on Monday), he said the class was cancelled because of low sign-ups. I fear that bodes ill for the fall semester, also.

After re-making the bed, I took my cart across the overpass/walking path to the park and the little lending library. It's been some time since I've been there, so there was a treasure trove of books. I took four and put in five. I'm still on Kellerman's latest and I still already had several I haven't started yet, but I'll get to them.

Sat for a time on a bench and called Nancy. We had a good talk and she was interested to hear of Jim's and my upcoming visit to Diane's, then the reception at the museum. She asked me to give Diane her regards, which I will. I was sorry to hear she still rarely leaves home; her health is still precarious. 

From the park, I bused to the mall. Got two bottles of Chardonnay at BevMo and bused home. By that time, it was almost 3:00 and I still hadn't had lunch. Had a vegan one of potatoes, broccoli, and the onion and tomato mixes I had made on Monday. 

After that, unusually for me, I lay down for a nap, only to be awakened by Jasmine in the office, calling to say I owed a utilities bill from August, 2021. I couldn't barely understand what the hell she was talking about, then reminded her that I had asked to have whatever cockamamie stuff they came up with in writing. I was steamed. I immediately called Ellen, and calmed down a bit. She advised me to send Jasmine and/or manager (oh, I forgot, it's "community director," of all the idiotic and grandiose terms!) an email reminding them that I  had asked for any financial question to be put in writing. I argued a bit, but then decided to do so.

Actually, I looked up on my blog and had documented the other encounters with the office re rent and utilities. Will send to El to substantiate my claims. Hmm...of course, Ellen isn't the one hounding me.... Also sent an email to my friend and co-resident, David W. to see what his recent dealing with management have been.

Called blogger friend, Pat R. and we talked a bit about her Christmas show.  I apologized for not realizing she's interested in holiday-themed playlets, not general ones. I'll see if I can come up with anything pertinent I might suggest.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...