Thursday, May 12, 2022

My Cart And Dudley House Doings

Things are looking up! Bereft without my trusty sidekick (my cart), I looked on line to see if they had any. Sure, there are lots of them, but many are too big. I had the smaller one (my big cart I gave to Suzanne) and it was just right for me. Besides, they invariably need assembly and hell, no.

I put the problem to one side and trudged the mile and a half to The Dollar Tree. I wanted to get two sets of plastic or cardboard cups, one to hold the dip I was bringing to the Dudley House covered dish, the other for the homemade applesauce I'll share at T.O.P.S. tomorrow. Right next door is Smart 'n' Final and, while walking there, it occurred to me that a supermarket might have carts. It turned out they do, but they're the large kind, too.

But wait--what was that store over there? Aha--Ace Hardware! I went in, was directed to an area, and there was almost an exact duplicate of the cart I had lost. I bought it on the spot--interestingly, it cost three times as much as my other one had (four years ago), but not nearly as much as those on-line. I happily put in my purse and purchases in it, and walked home, so got three miles in.

I assembled the cheese cubes and dip I was bringing to Dudley House and also the stuff for T.O.P.S. I told Lennie I'd do the program, too, as I got some information from MEDPage on why insurance doesn't cover obesity.

After lunch, I cut up the cheddar and pepper jack, made the dip, and otherwise prepared for the Dudley House covered dish. Showered and washed my hair, called Jim to remind him to pick me up at 6:00. (That wasn't really necessary, but I get anxious.) This will be the third or fourth time Jim will accompany me to this event and we both enjoy it. 

We got there early enough for me to assemble my cheese offering, which I put on the wine table. I greeted lots of old acquaintances there including Director of Docents Lynne, Sherry, Deanna, Jan, and their spouses. I was glad to see Connie, especially when she asked if I might be interested in acting in her suffragette skit, which she's just pulling together. Sure thing and she'll be in touch. The program consisted of Lynne and Connie in late nineteenth century dress, of course, impersonating Mrs. Dudley and a neighbor, talking on vintage phones about current affairs, including Presidents McKinley and Teddy Roosevelt's visits to Dudley House. Lynne on right in the first pic, on left in the second:   


I didn't get home until 9:30 (gasp!) and even stayed up to watch some Better Call Saul, so it was the middle of the night before I got to bed. (Okay, ten-thirty.) I'm meeting LaVonne for lunch today and want to get a pedicure, too, so I may take a nap later. 


1 comment:

Mimi said...

Wait a minute: It's Connie, not Lynne, who's on the right in the first picture and on the left in the second. Lynne's the other one and of course, I had to correct that, as if anybody in the universe would give a damn!

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...