Sunday, May 15, 2022

Saturday

Stripped the bed, did a white wash, and re-made. After that, I put in a color wash--now everything I own was washed except what I was wearing. Spent a lot of time selecting clothes and checking my list of what I must take, such as meds, brush, charger, and so on and on. I know I tend to overpack, but I can't seem to help it, plus I always confront myself with questions, such as wondering if I should take light or warm pajamas. I'm taking my laptop for sure; in this modern world, I'd be lost without that and my phone. 

I watered the plants inside and out and scrubbed, roasted, and stored in the freezer the three pounds of potatoes I still had. Took out the trash; I'll do the same this morning before I go. I just hate going on a trip, then coming back to a messy home.

At 3:00, I set off for the market; walked there and got this and that, then bused to the transit center. I thought I'll look for a new mesh laundry container; my old one is just about shot. Looked at Ross, but they didn't have any, so I'll check Target when I get back. If they don't, I'll order on-line from Wal-Mart.

While I waited for the 10 bus, Ellen called to say hello and we confirmed she'll pick me up on Wednesday. I'll see if she wants to go to Jasmine Thai for dinner after.  

Darn, I didn't sleep well. Got up for the usual about 3:00 and only dozed until the alarm went off at 5:30. Okay, maybe I can sleep on the train.

1 comment:

Rosemary Molloy said...

Here in San Diego and I can’t get into my laptop. Had a wonderful party last night at Duane and Ani’s. Met his lovely daughters and Ani’s father. Will have to wait to add anything else.

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...