Monday, May 30, 2022

Sunday: Santa Paula, Stella, And The Star

Damn, I had just written out almost a full page here and I accidentally pressed something and it all disappeared. I tried the left mouse place and hit "redo," but nothing happened.  Okay, I guess most of it was of little interest, anyway, so I'll leave out how enjoyable the Sunday crossword was and how I tidied up after breakfast. 

Considering how both Jim and I enjoyed "reading"--acting out--my original plays on Saturday, I decided to choose a few more. I picked the comedies The Truth, The Embellished Truth, and Nothing But  The Truth; When Cooks Confer; Help Wanted--NOT!; If Guys Were Gals, and added the drama Telephone (#2). Since most of the characters are female (to reflect the makeup of my acting groups), I'll change some names to male for Jim.

Stella picked me up at 1:30 and we went off to Santa Paula to see the play The Roommate. Only two in the cast, it involved a divorcee in Iowa, a gay woman who moves in, and various complications. It was actually pretty good and the players were very good. They greeted people after and I complimented them highly. 

We had an early dinner at a large Mexican restaurant in Santa Paula. Food was good, prices reasonable, and service fine, but the damn place was so noisy, we could hardly hear each other talk. That was the result not of the patrons, but of the extremally loud music that assaulted the ear. I doubt if I'll ever have the occasion to go there again, thank Zeus--I'd rather starve than do that.

As a companion, Stella leaves a whole heckuva lot to be desired, I'm afraid. She's small, slender, and quite attractive, but talks constantly about her various woes (bad ankles, bad knees, bad memory). Also, she scares the hell out of me in the way she drives: very slowly, and seems distracted much of the time. I guess the worst is that she has absolutely no sense of humor. I can tolerate being with her once in a while, but only just.  

Home around 7:00 after a reasonably entertaining outing; very much looking forward to seeing Ellen today.
                                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
One more time, I received no paper this morning. Called the Ventura County Star and phone contact is defective. After the various prompts, it just fast-buzzes. Now trying live chat. Walked over to Von's to buy one, but they didn't get delivered either. lWhat an outfit and I'm just about to end it all--my subscription, that is.  AAGH! 😬

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...