Friday, May 13, 2022

Nails, Hair, And Lunch With LaVonne

Went across to the shopping center at 9:30 and got a pedicure at Nails D'Elegance, so my feet feel good. Right after, I stopped in at Great Clips and got a trim. All was accomplished before noon, when I walked to the Hill Street CafĂ© for lunch with LaVonne. We sat outside on the patio, which was so pleasant--about 70 and sunny. 

Left there and walked home. Since I had been out late the night before and still got up at 5:30, I lay down and took a good nap. Was awakened about 3:30 by a call from Primary Medical. Long story short: I was supposed to have a yearly skin examination (since the lesion on my nose was removed) and Dr. T. has left the practice. I had called to ask for a referral to someone else and the call was to tell me my primary doc wants to see my first. I don't see why, but made a appointment for June 7. Darn, she's on Johnson Drive now, too, which isn't as convenient.

Once I got up, I continued copying family pics and documents on the Figenshu side for Sally. I need to pare it down and also, to figure out a way to present it. I also wrote a note to little grandson, K., and will send it with the book Mike got him--today, I hope. 

T.O.P.S. today and I volunteered to do the program. I found an interesting article on MedPage Today which poses the question "obesity is a major factor in mortality, so why don't insurance companies support treatment?" They do to a point, yes, with covering costs for senior programs, such as "Silver Sneakers." But that's for only a select group and things like bariatric surgery are regarded as cosmetic. I won't read the whole thing to the group, but will mention a few points, then have them read the comments from medical professionals.

Niece Carolyn called and we had a good talk, with a few tears and Ellen called on her way home from school, just to say hello.

Wonders Will Never Cease Department: I've been sleeping well and the newspaper's been at my door for the last several days. Yay!  

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...