Saturday, May 14, 2022

Friday

Took to T.O.P.S. the program I mentioned from MedPage Today and conducted the meeting. Also took my applesauce. Everybody seemed to be interested in the program and liked the applesauce. Incredibly, Sharon brought doughnuts. This is a weight loss group, folks, and Sharon brought doughnuts. That's not some pretend low-cal doughnuts, or rice cakes disguised as doughnuts, or one doughnut for the six of us to share. No, she bought a dozen of regular doughnuts. This is a woman who weighs four pounds less than three hundred, with severe diabetes, and who can't walk across a room without getting short of breath. She brought doughnuts. Nobody ate them there, but did take one or two home. I didn't. As for me, I gained a pound to 130.8 at home and 129.3 at T.O.PS. I want to get back down to my comfort zone, but I'm confident I will. Not, though, if I start eating doughnuts.

Walked to the P.O. to mail the little book to grandson Mr. K. and found it would be $28. I took it home. Trying to decide if I can maybe take pictures and send it that way. We'll see. Bused from there to Wal-Mart and got page protectors for the ancestry booklet I made up for cousin Sally.  Stopped at CVS for cream sherry--I bought two, thinking I'd give one to Sally. But boy, I'm going to have a big suitcase and my laptop; maybe I should just take her out to dinner, instead. I spent the rest of the day making up the booklet. My feeling is that, although Sally was adopted, if the Fiegenschuh (Figenshu) and Bub (Bubb) antecedents hadn't come over from Germany, her mother wouldn't have been born--at least not here--and Sally wouldn't be in our extended family. Tortuous reasoning? Maybe, but I'm sticking to it. 

I just came across this video on YouTube. Sophia is the granddaughter of my friend, Susan, who lives across the street from my house in Sunrise Bay. I guess she's a pretty good drummer, although the goth makeup is startling--but, hey, kids are kids and she's only 16. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOJjhFJwJs

2 comments:

iloveac said...

I assume the makeup is part of the gig. Her drumming looks good, but I never know if they just drum anyway they want or if there is a pattern they follow. I only remember the HSHS drum and bugle corps and that was pretty easy.

Rosemary Molloy said...

I react the same, Pat--are they just banging as kiddies do or is there some musical rhythm? I've been assured there is, but I guess it escapes me. Yes, the makeup--bizarre and I suppose it's meant to be.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...