Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Floor And Food

Nose to the grindstone day. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but I did get lots of put-off chores done. Started with dust-mopping, then wet-mopping the hard floors; washed the bathroom rugs and cleaned the small one in front of the kitchen sink. 

Also did a fair amount of food prep. After trimming and washing the Brussels sprouts and carrots, I stowed the former in the fridge and dressed the latter with garlic herb marinade, then roasted them in the oven. Cored and chunked the apples, added quartered citrus and cinnamon, then turned them into applesauce, courtesy of the slow cooker. Those last three I do often, so they're no big deal, but the other...

...strawberry sorbet! I just came across a recipe that doesn't involve an ice cream maker, which I don't have and don't want. This is so simple: two pounds of strawberries, washed and quartered, two tablespoons of lemon juice, simple syrup (one cup sugar and three cups water, boil and cool) and that's it. You put them together, then use a food processor (don't have, don't want) or blender (have!), to puree the mixture, then put in the freezer for at least six hours. I had some after dinner and it was DELICIOUS! 

Tomorrow, Jim and I are going to the Dudley House covered dish. I had already bought hard cheese and searched out a recipe for a dip. Found one--happily, I have all the ingredients and will bring that; I may add a bottle of wine.  

I've been searching out and copying family pictures and documents on the maternal side to bring my cousin, Sally. Not sure yet how I'm going to present them--maybe bound in a loose-leaf book?  I'll think of something. 

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...