Friday, May 27, 2022

Got up feeling a lot better--tooth was no longer bleeding and didn't hurt. I couldn't put my lower appliance in, but that's no big deal, since they're only molars and I can eat okay. Got lots of things on my list done, with some hits and a few misses:

1. Bused to Bed, Bath & Beyond for the mesh laundry hamper for which I've been searching. I've gone to no fewer than eight stores and none have what I want. Guess I'll order on-line from Wal-Mart; maybe I can pick it up on Monday.

2. Went to Target, looking for same. Nope.

3. Bused from there to Macy's at the mall. I had admired my cousin, Sally's, across-the-body bag, brand name Kipling, and they had them. Bought one, although I thought it was pricey; not sure if I'll keep it.

4. Went over to the office with the printouts of my bank statement and proved, I hope, that I wasn't missing the rent for September, 2021. I conceded I owed them $126 (when the rent went up by that much, it was an error on my part), so paid it. I told Jasmine if there's any further question, I want everything in writing. 

5. Incredibly, I sorted and filed the paperwork that piles up so fast. Okay, most of the info is on the laptop, but I don't trust the Internet connection and with good reason, considering that fly-by-night outfit, Yandoo Communications.

6. Made myself an omelet for lunch, then did  a fair amount of food prep, including hard-boiling four eggs, rearranging the freezer, and laboriously preparing the loquats I had gotten from Ellen's tree.

7. Called CVS OTC to say, along with other items, I had ordered vitamin D, but was sent flaxseed oil. They'll send the other vitamin and I can just keep the other. Think I'll start taking it, as it's supposed to be good for the eyesight.

8. Ellen called to see how I was feeling after the tooth caper. We chatted for fifteen or so, then I told her I'd call Roz, Greg's mother, to see how she was doing.

9. Called Roz, who had been in the hospital for three days with an urinary infection. It seems it caused a back and neck ache and some confusion. Her sons have now decided she shouldn't live alone anymore (she's ninety), so she'll probably move to Minnesota.

10. Best news: I slept well and just got up at 5:30--Yay!  😀

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...