Sunday, May 08, 2022

Saturday

Called my cousin, Sally in Solano Beach (part of or near San Diego, I'm not sure which) then made my reservations for my visit. 

I was considering going to a concert in which Julie's friend, Margaret, is singing in a concert at Channel Island Cal State. The more I think of it, though, the less enthusiastic I am. It's on June 4 at 7 pm, which means I wouldn't get home until 'way past my bedtime and I have my docent stint the next day. Darn--but I hope to attend another time. 

Jim got here for lunch at his usual 12:30. I kept it simple, just serving one of the Voila! frozen meals I had in the freezer--beef lo mein, which wasn't half bad. Added some nibbles, bread and butter, and red wine for him, of course, and beer for me. Gave him dessert of lemon cake with blueberry slurry and vanilla yogurt. As ever, he gobbled everything up.

Jim always looks at the books I'm reading and we chat about them. I assumed he reads during meals, as I do and was surprised when he said he didn't. Why? Because he eats in the kitchen standing up--good grief!  That seems to confirm what I suspect: that he eats very little and probably skips meals.

Anyway, we had some pleasant talk and he left a bit before 3:00. I immediately got my cart and walked to The Market to get in at least get a mile and a half. Got carrots, Brussel sprouts, tomatoes, and a few other things and bused home.

Called the Access Van, which will take me over to Ellen's, then take me home. It will be low-key, just the two of us, as Greg is working, but as ever when I'm with my girl, it will be so good.

   

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Happy Mother's Day Rosemary. You know you're brightening Ellen's day spending it with her. Ah, to have one's mother all to oneself.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat!

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...