Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Tuesday

Got up early--5:30--and after coffee, took a walk around the complex.  Sally got up in a bit and we had breakfast. Sal took a shower, then she, Maggie, and I went for a walk, stopping in to see a friend of Sally's. Chris, who's in her early seventies, is planning to walk the Camino de Santiago, in Spain, in September. This is a hike of nearly 500 miles, which P.J. Steward's son, Bryan, walked a few years ago.  He wrote a book about it: My Own Pace, which I bought, read, and enjoyed. (I mentioned it on a blog entry of a few months ago.)

I've actually gotten to like Maggie, Sally's dog, but no, I don't want one. Here she is:

Sally's daughter, Theresa, picked us up at 2:30 and drove us over to where she lives in Carlsbad. Whew, what a place! It had been The Resort Hotel and was converted into some of the most beautiful apartments I've ever seen. Only 800 square feet, but seeming much more spacious, it includes one bedroom and two baths, a big kitchen, dressing room, and a lovely balcony. We sat there and chatted over wine and soda (Teresa doesn't drink) and it was fine. In the powder room was a "map" of the San Diego area; I took a picture, as I find it helpful to understand how the area is arranged:

We left for Happy Hour at the Brigantine on the beach and met Teresa's son, Tristan, 21, there. What a neat guy! He's somewhat chubby, but good-looking, and has an appealing personality.  Like another, younger Tristan I know, he likes to cook and may pursue a career in the restaurant field. After various drinks and tacos, we shared a huge slab of coffee ice cream with whipped cream--also shared life stories, likes and dislikes, and other topics.

Home about 6:00 and I took a shower, then sat with Sally and watched some the San Diego Padres/ Phillies game. We followed that with glasses of brandy and our intimate, far-reaching, and ever-so-satisfying heart-to-heart talks until 10:30.  Again, I slept soundly. We'll meet Duane and Ani at 11:00 for brunch near the station, then get my train at 12:40.   

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...