Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Tuesday

 Another busy day--plus a disaster.  

I've been duplicating some family pictures and documents for cousin Sally and ran out of printer ink , so at 9:00  I headed to Office Depot with my little cart. I intended to walk to Telephone Road, then bus the rest of the way, but walked the whole route, about three miles. Stopped at WinCo first for pumpernickel (my half-German heritage coming out, no doubt), spinach, and spaghetti squash. Took the 11 bus to the transit center and who did I run into there but LaVonne? We chatted until our respective busses came (she was on her way to town) and made a date for lunch tomorrow at the Hill Street CafĂ©. Home, I put the stuff away, had lunch, then took off myself for town. 

I headed to the market on the west end, where LaVonne had told me they had produce sales on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Boy, did they: I got three wonderful organic grapefruits, five pounds of potatoes, and ground chicken at bargain prices. I didn't stop anywhere else and after taking the bus to the transit center, got the 10 for home.

Good thing I did: It stops right in front of where I live and while I was walking to the gate, my cart hit a snag or something and suddenly came apart. I had to carry my groceries--and they were heavy--and go home. Went out later to get and throw in the recycle bin the remains of my cart--that was the disaster--sob! As soon as I had a chance, I looked up carts on-line. I'll probably have to send for one and what's scary--AAGH!--will have to assemble it myself. Oh well, I'll ask Javier if he'll do it for a tenner. But in the meantime, I'm restricted to stuff I can carry--woe is me.  

2 comments:

iloveac said...

I was afraid you were going to say you tripped. I've fallen due to my cart and even ran over my open-toed sandals. Those things can be dangerous. The carts this ...not our toes...LOL.

Mimi said...

But tomorrow, read entry--triumph!

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...