Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Tuesday

 Biz, biz, busy day. I finally got the name-verse for Sally done. I then gussied up a large, plain white note card, pasted the verse in, added some sparkles and stuff, addressed and sent it off.

Also got in touch with Stella, then Santa Paula Theater Center, and ordered the tickets on-line. Stella doesn't know how to do that and will reimburse me Sunday.

Walked to Smart 'n' Final and The Dollar Tree (now a dollar twenty-five) and picked up tilapia, a broccoli, carrot, and pea pod stir-fry mix, lettuce, and salad dressing at the former; some containers at the latter. I ran into Lennie, our T.O.P.S. leader, who will be leaving for Iowa and his sister's tomorrow. We won't have the meeting this Friday, which is fine by me.

Called Jim and we chatted for some time about--of all things--acting. I met him five years ago, when I ran the acting classes at SCAN, never dreaming he'd become a close friend. Invited him for lunch on Saturday, which he accepted, natch. 

Finally turned my attention to the damn rent thing. I printed out bank statements for the period in question, then called the bank to make sure there was no hitch in my automatic payments. No, there were not and the statements show I did NOT overlook the rent for September of 2021. I'll call the office after I get the oral surgeon thing done today and make an appointment to settle this.  

Ellen called on her way home from school and we had a nice talk. Unfortunatly, Greg's mother is in the hospital, as she has some kind of infection. I'll call her today, assuming I survive the dental ordeal.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...