Thursday, August 01, 2019

Around And About

Went to the Hill Street branch of the library to ask that they put a poster up about our show; they will and I left one off. Will ask the same of the main branch today.
Home, lunch, then it was off to town. Stopped at the thrift store to tell them Jeff wants a regular bassinet with legs, so thanks, but no thanks re the carrying basket. While there, I look for some light-colored top I can wear for the show. Since we have a black backdrop, we need to wear something other than black, which seems to be a lot of what I have. I was pleased to find not only a light green sort of blouse/jacket, but a longer beige vest type thing. I guess you could wear it as a dress, but I think it will be ideal in the show over my black skirt and white blouse.
But what was this? Goodwill's fifty percent off sale was from 5 to 9 and it was only 3:00!  Since the world would stop turning if I paid full price for something two hours before I could get it for half, I put it back on the rack. Walked up to the library and read there for a bit, then meandered around town until 5:00, at which point, I returned to Goodwill and got both items for twelve bucks!
While there, I ran into Suz Montgomery, director of the Ventura Department on Aging, and a friend of mine. We chatted and she told me she was negotiating with the county to have education for seniors, in which case, she said, "you have a job." Who, me? Yep; Suz knows I taught job-hunting skills for senior citizens at Stockton College and Atlantic Community College in Jersey and she hasn't forgotten it. She said she and John, her husband, who has also been on stage, will certainly come to our show. Home, I made myself a swordfish, fresh tomatoes (my own!), and acorn squash for dinner.
Happy Hour today--YAY!

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...