Tuesday, August 27, 2019

The Blue Agave

Much as I love being in the show, it was enjoyable to resume my old active life yesterday. After breakfast, I drove to the DMV and, reconciled to spending hours there, was pleasantly surprised when I was taken within a few minutes. The issue is that the court seems to have failed to notify my insurance company that I had successfully complete Traffic School, so a point hadn't been expunged from my record. I was given a phone number to call, which I tried over and over with no luck. I finally got somebody who provided another number; called that to be told they had such I high volume, I should call later--AAGH! They never did yesterday, so I'll have to try back today.
Anyway, I did walk from the DMV to Winco, about a mile there and back and I was happy to get that in. Bought some nice pieces of fresh tilapia and planned to have one for dinner. (However, see later.)
Had my big salad lunch, then left for the bus to town. Got off at the library, read for a bit, then walked down to the mission. At that point, Stella called to ask if I wanted to meet her and her friend, Robin, at the Blue Agave at 5:00. I instantly decided to save the tilapia for tonight, and agreed to meet them there, which I did.
Stella and I got there first, then Robin came with two companions: her friend, Billy (but not The Kid, he's 71), and Susie, her 90-pound golden retriever. I've met Susie before and she's actually a very well-behaved and attractive bow-wow.
We had our tacos, beer, and wine, and chatted for an hour or so, then I took my leave. I shouldn't admit it, but I made up a story that I had my neighbor coming over at 7:00. Not so, but I just can't stand to sit for hours, especially in a restaurant. Anyway, got home about 7:15.
Enjoyed the day except for the insurance thing, but I'll tackle that again in a few hours.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...