Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Telephone And Tilapia

Well, it was a telephone day and not all enjoyable ones. I spent hours--that's not an exaggeration--on the phone with the DMV and AAA. There were innumerable pressing of this and that, switching back and forth, hopping from here to there, but the upshot is that the point for my accident stays on for three years and will result in an additional three thousand bucks a year. So-o-o, I'm definitely selling my car.
I had intended to months ago, but tentatively shelved that when I thought my insurance wouldn't go up. When I got the role in American Roadhouse, I wanted to drive back and forth to rehearsals and so on. However, this is the best impetus I could have--money--so I'm definitely going to do it.
Betty called from Chicago and we talked. Brother Larry and his daughter, Karen, called from Miami and we had a good long talk. They're planning a trip to Japan next year (they went to China last and to middle eastern Europe this) and I told them to keep me posted, as I may very well go with them. Stella called, asking if I'd like to meet her at the new brewery, Topa Topa, at 5:00. I was tempted, but considering I had planned to have the tilapia Monday and had deferred to meet her, I declined.
I emailed Nancy, Carolyn B., and Nancy, suggesting we go to The Blue Agave for Happy Hour today. Since I was just there on Monday, I don't know why I suggested it, but why not? We can sit on the patio and the street tacos are good.
I cored, seasoned, and put five apples in the slow cooker, so I was late taking the bus to town. Walked the Main to Promanade loop, anyway and got home shortly before 6:00. Ellen called to thank me for selling her small fridge and we chatted a bit. She was just on her way home from school, although it was that late. I asked her to call me today or tomorrow to tell me more about her class and so on.
Finally had the tilapia--delish!--with fresh spinach, a leftover baked onion, and half an acorn squash. I had one of the apples later, with Frasier and blueberries.


1 comment:

Bilal Khatri112 said...

When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your. Best Phone Locator

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...