Thursday, August 15, 2019

Dress Rehearsal Two

As noted, up at 7:20. After coffee, I showered and washed my hair. Yes, I had gone to bed with the grey/white spray in it; just couldn't face staying up any later. Interestingly, it didn't seem to rub off on the pillow case, although I changed them anyway. 
I had asked Jeff if I could skip the spray and just wear my regular hair and he agreed. Called Penney's early to see if I could get an appointment with Mary, my regular, before we open. Happily, she was available at noon yesterday and I took that. She colored, cut, and styled and it looks okay, but I may wash it before Friday night and just wear it simply; either way, I'm relieved I got it out of the way.
Home for lunch, then to Dollar Tree to get a small flashlight. My outfit includes a kind of long vest with pockets and I want to have it in there. To get on stage, it's sometimes pretty dark and I want to be prepared.
Called Ellen, who was prepping at school. I was delighted to hear she and Greg had gotten tickets for Friday, opening night. Later, I spoke to Diane, who said she, Nancy, and Carolyn are going to the 5:00 show on the 25th, when we close. I figured up and so far, I think I have twenty family and friends who are going to attend--yay! Considering tickets are sixteen bucks a pop, I'm surprised and grateful.
 Image may contain: 28 people, including Amanda Flores, Shannon McNally Ham, Anthony Contreras and Erica Connell, people smiling
Here are the cast and crew head shots; yes, it's a big undertaking.
Got to rehearsal at 6;30. It occurred to me that I've never been in a show before that had more than one dress rehearsal. In Little Egg, we would sometimes allow family and friends to come to it if for some reason, they had to miss the "official" performances.
It went well and I actually got home a few minutes before 10. Ate my blueberries and watched an episode of Forensic Files before turning in.

No comments:

Friday

Weight: home down a pound to 124.4; T.O.P.S., down .03 to 125.2, so okay. The meeting was the usual: therapy session and general chat for mo...